At Kent Park Primary School parents and school staff are strong partners in the children’s education. We encourage all parents and guardians to be involved as active community members, to include helping in the classroom, canteen and on excursions. By interacting with the school and wider community parents gain a firsthand understanding of how our school operates and the rhythm of school life. Parents participating in school community activities build on their skills and confidence, develop friendships and work collaboratively with others interested in supporting the school. These hardworking and enthusiastic parents support a range of events throughout the year that help raise community funds to enhance our school resources, operations and facilities, to include
- Whole school community projects such as vegetable gardens
- Air conditioners in classrooms
- Soft fall mulch for the playgrounds
- Playground equipment and classroom resources
Parent members of the school community are invited and encouraged to consider the role of School Councillor. School Council meets at least eight times in each year, and at least once per school term. Meetings are generally restricted to approximately 2 to 2.5 hours duration. A number of subcommittees are formed each year and the term of office for all members is two years. Subcommittee meetings are held on the same evening as Council.
A School Councillor
- Generally stimulates interest in the school in the wider community
- Participates in the development and monitoring of the school strategic plan
- Develops, reviews and updates school policies
- Develops, reviews and monitors the Student Engagement Policy and the School Dress Code
- Raises funds for school-related purposes
- Approves the annual budget and monitors expenditure
- Maintains the school’s grounds and facilities
- Enters into contracts (e.g. cleaning, construction work)
- Reports annually to the school community and to DEECD
Junior School Council
2020 JSC Leaders
Before & After School Care Program
OSHClub provides the highest quality Before School Care, After School Care, Pupil Free Day Care and Holiday Programs for Primary aged children in a safe, fun and stimulating environment.
We pride ourselves on providing children with a fun experience that they will enjoy. From exciting activities and healthy, nutritious snacks to caring, motivated staff, the program meets all your children’s needs.